Thursday, December 9, 2010

A brief message from Big Pinkie

Hello all.  Big Pinkie here.  I am very sorry for the lack of posts of late.  As most of you know by now, I have been dealing with kidney stones.  I would like to thank all of you for the kind words of support and sympathy.  Also, I would like to thank Neylo for giving me this post to express my thanks and update everyone.  He is very anxious to return to normal posting.*

These were very large kidney stones.  The one in my left kidney was 18 millimeters.  If you have never experienced the joy of giving birth to a rock before, this number may not mean much to you.  So, I have included a photo to give you some idea of the size I have been dealing with...

This is pretty much what the stones look and feel like.  Seriously.

I had successful lithotripsy on the one in the left kidney.  That means they have busted it into little pieces about the size of salt grains.  Unfortunately, there are LOTS of little pieces.  I have a stint running from the kidney to the bladder.  Don't like the stint.  But it helps to pass the bits.  I may be back to normal next week if I flush enough of them out.  Then we can see about doing something for the other kidney.

So, once again, thank you all for your words and thoughts of support.  Thanks to Neyland for letting me have a little time in his space.  And thanks to the doctor for busting up the rock in one go!  Neyland will be back tomorrow with more of what you folks like.

Big Pinkie
(aka Bryan)

* Some might say he is more militant than anxious.  He threatens physical violence of biblical proportions if he isn't back on the internet soon.

5 comments:

  1. OhMyCat...We are cringing at the thought and Brighton wanted you to know he 'feels your pain' as he had his own urinary problems back in June.

    The photo of the rock formation...umm, hope it's not just me but it kinda looks like umm, dangly bits...

    Which brought to mind the Cerne Abbss Giant we visited in Cornwall and looked through our binocs and saw a man raking the dangly bits and we laffed and laffed

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cerne_Abbas_giant

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're cringing too! Continued purrs and healing Light from all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha! Teri - Maybe not a coincidence that the rocks *might* resemble dangly bits. I think the dangly bits are part of the pain!

    It's not that I don't have sympathy for Big Pinkie's plight, but I do think it's funny that he pees rocks.

    --Neyland

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry to hear that things aren't going so well for you BP, hoping that the stint helps! From the lady who gave birth to an almost 10 lb baby...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bryan that photo was hilarious!!!!!!!

    18 millimeters?????? I have NEVER heard of a kidney stone THAT large! OMG!! I think my largest was 10 millimeters!!! Wow

    You KNOW I feel your pain! (pun intended)....I have never had a stint though and never want one! For men kidney stones are even worse than for women.

    As I mentioned to you before, I have had four lithotripsies...one good thing about them is you get a GREAT NAP!

    Please feel better!

    ReplyDelete